>> Nope, the attachments were stripped.
>
> Yep, unfortunately.  Guess I'll have to try to post the patch inline.
> it's ~11KB...
>
> Will post it as a separate reply.

OK it looks like the inline post worked.  This is more or less the same
way patch posts get posted to kernel mailing lists etc.  If you're
interested in using this theres a good chance you could save the message
text as a file and then apply it (do a patch --verbose --dry-run to find
out).

WARNING
Now, I do need to mention that although I called the -sharedalertcommand
and -sharedkillalertcommand "optional" in the usage output, the truth is
it is not really optional (at this time) because I don't have logic in
there to handle what to do if a value isn't defined.  A default value is
set at the top of the script.  If you don't want to use this (why wouldnt
you?) you could define something else like

-sharedalertcommand "echo nemrun has found an update"
-sharedkillalertcommand "echo nemrun is killing the servers"

(which will make those show up in local server console but not in game),
so the stuffing an execute of the default .cfg files at least gets
overridden.

I'll change this at some point so it actually IS optional.  When I set out
on doing these changes it was "for me first" so I set how I'd want to use
it as default. :)

Also, need to say that I am not trying to steal nephyrin's thunder here.
I just made a few changes for what I am trying to do with nemrun.  These
things may be stupid or completely useless to anybody else.  But in case
anybody else is interested, this is what I did.  All credit for nemrun
belongs to nephyrin, not me.

So, here's the example .cfg files:

example: pending-update-alert.cfg
--------------------------------
// commands to run when nemrun update daemon
// has detected a server update is available
// (console say commands to alert current
// players etc.)
//
// example commands if we are updating first (not taking server down to
update):
//sm_hsay Steam server update available!  Updating server NOW.
//sm_csay Steam server update available!  Updating server NOW.
//sm_say SERVER update available - Updating NOW. SERVER WILL RESTART (and
fill up fast!!) WHEN UPDATE IS COMPLETE
//sm_say SERVER update available - Updating NOW. SERVER WILL RESTART (and
fill up fast!!) WHEN UPDATE IS COMPLETE
//sm_say SERVER update available - Updating NOW. SERVER WILL RESTART (and
fill up fast!!) WHEN UPDATE IS COMPLETE
//
// example commands if we are taking servers down to update:
sm_hsay Required server update released! Rebooting in 2 minutes!
sm_csay Required server update released! Rebooting in 2 minutes!
sm_say A Required SERVER update has been released. We will be rebooting to
update in 2 minutes!
sm_say A Required SERVER update has been released. We will be rebooting to
update in 2 minutes!
sm_say A Required SERVER update has been released. We will be rebooting to
update in 2 minutes!

example update-reboot-alert.cfg:
// alert players the server is about to reboot
sm_hsay Server going DOWN to UPDATE in 10 SECONDS!!!
sm_csay Server going DOWN to UPDATE in 10 SECONDS!!!
sm_say Server is going DOWN to update in 10 SECONDS - Please check for a
game client update and reconnect for some action!