On 21/12/2011 02:41, Mart-Jan Reeuwijk wrote:
Today I needed to talk to a admin and once steam FINALLY came up, he was
already to bed. Great, he's going off for vacation for 2 weeks tomo, and I
needed access to one of the new systems.
My mail was cos I was really pissed on this. I looked up his email on the forum
and mailed him on it, in the hope that he sees that.

Ok, so you did the equivalent of stubbing your toe on a stone and are jumping up and down about what's wrong with the mountains of the earth.

All of what you say is overblown and exaggerated perhaps as a result of a small amount of short-lived pain.

I experienced yesterdays problem when the sale first appeared waited a bit and it was fixed. I got a couple of errors at 1800gmt this evening when the offers changed (although some of these errors could have been the pages changing, they might have been because world+dog wanted to see the new offers too)

I notice Valve kept yesterday's offers around for an extra 4 hours or so. That seems fair enough.

Neither have really stopped me using the server, I managed to play TF2 all today with items (but yeah, sometimes the item server is down) and buy / download games in the sale, and the other computer we have has been used to play numerous games on steam all day as well.

I wonder if some of your communication problems are unrelated to issues with steam.

In any case, none of it is really relevant to this list is it?

--
Dan.