On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 10:53:06AM -0600, Ryan Stecker wrote:
> There was a recent feature addition to steam that allows email changes
> without confirmation for trusted computers.
>
> http://store.steampowered.com/news/7114/
>
> I believe "trusted computer" in that sense means any account with SG
> enabled and authenticated. That would make it a quite frightening change,
> and I believe email confirmation should always be required.

Yes. I was pretty disapointed when Valve made this change. I made posts
on SPUF about it being a Pretty Bad Idea, and a Steam Support ticket.
After explaining twice I didn't need direct support on my account, "We
will investigate this matter and take appropriate action. Please note
that you will not receive a notification about any action taken as a
result of this report". I guess the number of support tickets they get
from people who used a disposable email address to create their Steam
account is more important than the security of others with reputable
email addresses.