Your machine/account is identified by a file in the steam directory. The
file is called a "sentry file" and it's name is in the form of
ssfn<numbers>. The steam client provides a sha1 hash of this file at logon,
and the back-end confirms the validity of it.

Deleting the file would require you to enter another email auth code, and
Steam will generate another sentry file.

You cannot log into a SG enabled account without either the sentry file
belonging to the account or the email auth code.