I agree, but there seems to be a lot of users with dialups who'se ip's change all the time and they previously posted on the forums and complained a lot about it. Perhaps this led to decision to lighten Steam Guard settings or features.

Atleast Valve added craft recepies for the xmas weapons for TF2 after considerable whine on SPUF TF2 section and suddenly the recepies were added, leaving the much older recepies off and not added.

This proves that Valve listens and reads the forums but the decisions are not always what they should be. Small minority seems to be making too much noise there and affecting decisions.

-ics