I understand having 2 duplicate systems made into one and have options like other games and items from other games to be traded between players but what i don't understand is why much faster and reliable than the current system was removed before the system was made more convenient and faster? Players will get used to the current one too but that's not the point. If you wanted to do a quick trade, that was it. Now it just takes too long. Shoudl have kept the old intact untill things were ready to be released to wider audience.

-ics

17.2.2012 17:55, AnAkIn . kirjoitti:
I prefer the Steam trading system.

2012/2/17 hlds<h...@gmx.com>:
We had two trading mechanism, one being fast and quite reliable (if we can
use this word for something related to Steam/TF2), while the other allowing
advanced trades (more than 8 items + trading games etc...), but being slow
and failing many times. Now we have only one. I didn't know that removing a
feature used by many players is a good thing...

I understand Valve's point of view (is easier to maintain and improve one
mechanism instead of having two), but why is this "a good thing" for others?

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of doc
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 4:44 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Mandatory Team Fortress 2 Update Released

For every complaint that gets filed I'd like to vote FOR steam
overlay/inventory trading. I think it's a good thing and more importantly:
haters gotta hate.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Frank<ad...@gamerscrib.net>  wrote:

To be honest I was expecting a roll-back to at least the Option of having
in-game trade overlay returned.
Can someone at least reply if this is being looked at after all the
opposition and complaints its gotten?

On another note glad to see the client crashes fixed and the server
restart
requests..very much appreciated!

Thanks