Of course it doesn't. Halloween is mostly a US thing. But it was put first
for everyone.

Whatever gets put first on quick play becomes successful. If barely anyone
used quickplay this would not be the case.
Go check the server list for all the official PL maps and compare it to any
other game mode. Now go and do the research yourself instead of making
things up.

Further research you can do is compare the amount of servers Valve has in
Europe to the Amount of servers valve has in the US. For me refreshing the
list at this moment gives 800 US Valve servers and 92 French Valve servers.
Gametracker gives similar results:
http://www.gametracker.com/search/tf2/?query=valve+tf&sort=country&order=ASC&searchipp=50#search