If it was in TF Beta first, it wouldn't have gotten the large-scale testing that it needs.

McKay

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Simon
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 7:32 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] [hlds] Quickplay broken?

That's why it should have been put in the TF beta first! :)

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Fletcher Dunn
<fletch...@valvesoftware.com>wrote:

>with the beta quickplay system if your server uses any type of normal
connection
>method to the server for the first player it boots you out of the beta

It will be fixed really soon.  As in, today (hopefully).  We're planning
an update later today, and it will have the necessary fixes on the server
side.  I'm hopeful to get it fixed on the backend, too.

There is also a problem where a "game over" condition can cause the server
to switch into a mode where it stops receiving traffic. That bug will also
be fixed today.

Sorry for the bugs.  That's why it's called beta!