Don't necessarily need that. The biggest focus here should be on having
bigger co-op games. Like what was done to Left 4 Dead/2 when a number of
people thought 4 players co-op was just not enough.

Limit/leave the TF2 game client support at 33 humans, but allow the server
to have more players (bots). This way no old gamemodes/maps need re
balancing. You won't be seeing 40+ player 2fort matches. And so custom maps
and or modes would then be made by the community to support higher
player/bot counts.

Just some ideas.

This could be something to experiment with and see what works with the new
game mode. We don't need to drag old maps/gamemodes into this, if that's
causing issues. Just some extra unofficial support to tinker with :P.