Note that more players in-game at one time isn't the only reason more slots would be nice. Maybe adding more robots would be interesting, too?

Dr. McKay
http://www.doctormckay.com

-----Original Message----- From: dan
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:04 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] [hlds] TF MvM hosting questions

On 14/08/2012 21:15, Fletcher Dunn wrote:
I think the biggest challenge with doubling the player count (meaning number of mercs running around, whether AI or human) is just plain old performance, both server and client.

I'd say by far the biggest challenge would be solving the problem that
adding more players makes the game complete rubbish to play.

You'd need a complete redesign of most of the game - weapon attributes,
maps and so on.

In TF2's case 24 is pushing it (although I suppose trading and sniping
have both been ways Valve have designed TF2 to get 9v9 or less, even
with 24 players on a server)
--
Dan