There's clearly a lack of understanding in this thread.

The plugin simply executes 'jpeg' or 'screenshot' on the client (which is
the exploit everyone is talking about), and uses the client's INetChannel
(an interface in the source engine) to have the server request the file
from the client.

It can't take a screenshot of your desktop, or steam chats, or anything
else other than the game's screen. The jpeg command has only ever taken
screenshots of your game.

Really there's two sides of the coin on the issue of making clients execute
commands.

On one side, malicious server operators could do bad things, and on the
other, it made it possible for an anticheat to get client screenshots.

I would have loved it if this plugin could have survived longer, but it
seems like the command execution method is being fixed. I'd kill to get a
proper anticheat in source, and not the flawed disaster that is VAC.