I attached the new version to this post: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=1810648&postcount=60 It's compiled from this Source: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99606/nomvm/nomvm2_source.zip using a slightly modified Makefile from the SourceMod sample_ext extension.

My addon-less system has 1006 particle effect names loaded. On my Freak Fortress 2 server with this loaded, it has 970 particle effect names loaded.

Still not ideal, but there aren't that many MvM particles in the stringtables dump, so a large gain wasn't expected.

On 10/1/2012 3:33 PM, Michael Johansen wrote:
Oh nice, could you reply back on the mailinglist when you've done it?

Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:32:02 -0400
From: rbemr...@gmail.com
To: h...@list.valvesoftware.com; hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] [hlds] Remove unneeded particle effects from TF2
ParticleEffectNames stringtable?

*sigh* I just checked the extension version in the console, and it's
reporting the old NoMvM version, despite being from nomvm2_binary.zip.
I assume that a new Linux version was never compiled.

Fine, I'll compile it myself and post it to the SourceMod thread; I also
pointed out that it's the wrong version over there.