From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Eli Witt
Sent: woensdag 31 oktober 2012 22:53
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Lag?

The glorious downside to Valve's flat organizational scheme.

Lots of things *can* get done, but everyone just piling shit in week after
week makes for very unoptimized programming.

Pretty soon clients are going to require i7 3960X's with four-way SLI to
run TF2 at 50FPS. Servers are going to need quad sockets.

Completely serious too. Proof is in the performance degradation we've seen
since the un-hatbloated launch.