From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Bjorn
Wielens
Sent: maandag 24 december 2012 17:45
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: [hlds_linux] Client Crash out on map change?

I'm getting reports from players that their clients are crashing out on
map change.
The server log reports nothing unusual apart from that the client timed
out (which I assume is because it wasn't a clean disconnect and it failed
to reply within the server's time window).

The weird thing is I've been told it only happens on our servers,  and not
other communities, and it happens for some people and not others.

Possibly related, possibly not but I'm also noticing unusually long
connect times (on "retrieving server info") and in game from the "X has
connected" message to the "X joined team Y" message, so it's not just my
client (which has already had its files defragged)

Has someone experienced this before and has a solution or cause for either
of these been found? It doesn't seem like something one would expect to be
caused by a metamod plugin, but I can list the ones in use if requested.

Running MM:S 1.10.0-hg814-linux and   sourcemod-1.4.7-hg3603.

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this has been addressed before - but
the archive page seems to be down and google tends to only yield tons of
"client-side" fixes.