Custom maps should still work just fine.  Maps refer to assets using filenames
in the "game" filesystem namespace.  (I.e. the filename starts with "materials"
or "models", not "tf" or "hl2" or "blahblah.vpk").

From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of E. Olsen
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:12 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] SteamPipe is coming. Download the TF beta

Again, does Valve have a rough time-frame of when they want to roll SteamPipe
out? In other words - roughly how long do we have to get everything ready on
our end? Please keep in mind that for those of us with large server fleets (15+
TF2 servers), this is going to be an incredibly time-consuming change to
implement.

Also - with such a drastic change to file structure is this going to break a
ton of custom maps?