There is a problem with geolocation that affects the matchmaking used for MvM.

We're still trying to gather information as to the cause of this.  We hope to
have it sorted today or tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Robert Paulson
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:49 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] MvM Matchmaking broken?

Matchmaking still works. As I've said before on the mailing list, TF2 is
getting less popular.

Any server owner or player worth their salt has noticed that even though the
maximum concurrent players shown here http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
hasn't changed much from last year, players are playing shorter amounts, and
servers feel emptier.

No one knows how many people are idling now, but game-monitor seems to be
accurate enough to have the same number (+- 1000) of players for CS:S as Steam
reports. If we use the same source, it shows ~ 40% of TF2 players listed on
Steam stats are idling.

http://game-monitor.com/search.php?game=cstrike2
http://game-monitor.com/search.php?game=tf2

Whether this is due to things like Dota 2, Valve policy changes, TF2 getting
old, or lack of gameplay updates, no one can say for sure. MvM is a PvE game,
so it is highly dependent on new content being churned out at regular intervals.