I'd think Sourcemod along with SMAC should fix this unless it's separate exploit. I've been seeing lines like this in logs time to time:

L 03/14/2013 - 23:48:11: [smac_client.smx] Idiot1 (ID: Unknown | IP: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) was temporarily banned for connection spam. L 03/15/2013 - 00:51:21: [smac_client.smx] Idiot2 (ID: Unknown | IP: xx.xxx.xxx.x) was temporarily banned for connection spam.

Atlest the old exploit in CSS worked like they connected, left, conneted, left and this was multiple times within a second (10+). It was never fixed in CSS unless engine change to OrangeBox did that long ago.

-ics

Bruno Garcia kirjoitti:
It's not a command they are using, they are forming packets that replay the
player-join and spamming it to the server, also known as "fake players
bug/exploit".

It's external from the game, so to protect yourself you'll have to maybe
get around it with Iptables or wait for someone to fix the exploit