But there might be the real crux of the issue. Do you need 50 servers? If
you cannot comfortably afford these video game servers, then why are you
asking your users to pitch in money (in the form of bugging them with ads)
to cover your costs? It's not as if your server is providing a
once-in-a-lifetime experience, and unless you're running some custom mods,
they will be able to continue playing TF2 far after your servers go away. I
cannot find any justification for signing up for more servers than you can
pay for, then making your users foot the proverbial bill, or at least part
of it.

I will not say that all ad plugins are inherently bad though - because I do
not know of how many different kinds are out there. I would think the very
existence of ads on a server just broadcast: "I'm only doing this because I
don't want to pay for this server", which doesn't instill much confidence.
It's probably why I don't bother playing on servers not my own. People seem
to have strange ideas about what a game server is for.

- Gordon Reynolds