This may sound like a stupid question, but if they are not intended to be
"open to the world for availability", then why do they need to appear on
the server list?

Also, if you are binding each instance to specific IP's like that, I would
expect the entire executable to default to using that IP for all of it's
communication - including "+clientport" and "+steamport" ports.  If that is
truly the case (all ports get bound to the IP specified), then those ports
on those IP's need to be able to talk to/from the Internet in order to get
authenticated by steam, get published onto the server list, participate in
VAC, etc.  If you are specifically not allowing them, that could be your
issue right there (i.e. why they never show-up on the server list).