I've been out of mapping for a while but if I remember correctly,
waterindices are created when func_details touch world geometry. (The name
comes from GoldSrc when they were used to smooth edges of water into world
geometry. In Source the same effect is applied to func_detail, func_lod,
etc.)

I wouldn't worry about it too much but an easy solution is to raise
func_detail 1 unit off world geometry to prevent it from performing the
"smoothing". A clean solution is to create your func_details so they have
the least amount of area touching world geometry as possible.

-Mike