Hi Konrad and Mike,

I used to see this error frequently when running MoscowML. With PolyML
I haven't seen it yet. To me it seemed to arise fairly arbitrarily,
the common factors were: (1) I had run HOL for a long time, and (2)
Define had failed a number of times before the crash (I gave it bad
inputs).

The error is quite serious because it crashes HOL completely. I had to
restart HOL whenever it printed:

! Uncaught exception:
! Chr

This error is one of the main reasons I switched to PolyML.

Magnus