Peter Vincent Homeier wrote:
> I tried this on a Macintosh running Mac OS X version 10.5.6 (Leopard),
> and the process failed in step 6, when doing "make all" in the runtime
> directory:

Hi Peter,

I just did a fresh patch of the system, following the instructions
you've updated, and it all worked perfectly.  My details look similar
to yours:

$ uname -a
Darwin vpn202-248.vpn.in.nicta.com.au 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0:
Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
i386 MacBookPro2,2 Darwin
$ gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)

The situation with Moscow ML is not ideal at the moment.  I'm hoping
that there will be a fresh release soon.  Alternatively, we might try
to release a special HOL branch of our own.  Of course, the Poly/ML
implementation works well on the Mac, so you could always use that...

Best,
Michael.