Peter Vincent Homeier wrote:
 > I also see this bug happen when trying to build examples/acl2/ml.
 >  However, this patch doesn't seem to build right on a Mac running OS X
 > (10.4) with the following gcc:

Yes, I'm afraid the instructions in my post yesterday were far too
casual (not to mention wrong!).  I have Peter Sestoft's original here:

  0. Make a backup of your old mosml installation

  1. Before unpacking the attached, make a build of mosml 2.01:

     In mosml/src/ do    make clean world

  2. Unpack the attached:

     In mosml/src/ do    tar xvfz mosml-patch.tgz

  3. Recompile the compiler to generate the new bytecode:

     In mosml/src/compiler do    make all

  4. Promote the compiler:

     In mosml/src/compiler do    mv mosmllnk mosmlcmp ..

     (I believe mosmllnk is unchanged, but promote for good measure)

  5. Generate new bytecode for libraries, compiler and lexer by
     recompiling:

     In mosml/src/mosmllib do    make clean all
     In mosml/src/compiler do    make clean all
     In mosml/src/lex do         make clean all

  6. Recompile the runtime:

     In mosml/src/runtime do     make all

  7. Promote the runtime, compiler and lexer:

     In mosml/src/runtime do     mv camlrunm ..
     In mosml/src/compiler do    mv mosmllnk mosmlcmp ..
     In mosml/src/lex do         mv mosmllex ..

  8. Check that the top-level works:

     In mosml/src do   camlrunm compiler/mosmltop -stdlib mosmllib

     and evaluate some expressions.

  9. Rebuild everything to check that the system is stable:

     In mosml/src do   make clean world

     Check that src/mosmlcmp = src/compiler/mosmlcmp
                src/mosmllnk = src/compiler/mosmllnk
                src/mosmllex = src/lex/mosmllex

10. Install

     In mosml/src do   make install