> I got hol-mode.el running under Emacs, with the unicode working right.
>       http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

> The unicode didn't work with a Windows command console, so I had to
> disable it.

> Emacs is a lot better, including the HOL character highlighting, and the
> X-windows part of XEmacs has never helped me figure out the many
> mysteries of how to use Emacs.

I'm glad you got the emacs mode to work.  There’s some (recently updated)
documentation for it at

   http://hol.sourceforge.net/hol-mode.html

Let me know if you run into any issues using the hol-mode.

Incidentally, there is also a vim-mode if you prefer that editor, but I suspect
it won't work on Windows.

Best,
Michael