On 12/06/12 16:59, gottfried.bar...@gmx.com wrote:

> One major issue for me is the problem of editing the same file on Windows and
> Linux at the same time. I can't drag and drop files into Linux applications,
> and
> files don't always update correctly between the Windows and Linux
> applications.

Hmm.  Yes, that's not ideal.  I understood that it was possible to have files
shared between the host and client machine in a transparent way.  If that's not
really the case, then the virtual machine approach is clearly sub-par.

> There's Cygwin. The Isabelle group somehow makes that work with Poly/ML. A
> huge
> part of why Cygwin is a good solution, though, is the jEdit interface.

Yes.  We could put some effort into making HOL work with Poly/ML and Cygwin.
I'm a bit reluctant to force people to adopt large chunks of software (like
Cygwin) that aren't strictly necessary, but Poly/ML is so much faster than
Moscow ML that Windows users really are missing out.

Best,
Michael