In message <4e94bf91.4060...@cs.tcd.ie>
Stephen Farrell writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been reading the list with interest and have a question.
>
> When various devices in the home figure out which does what,
> and do that periodically to handle changes, there's clearly
> the potential that a zombied host tries to try take over
> stuff with undesirable consequences.
>
> My question is whether this group are planning to think
> about that now, or later, or never? (Or don't even think
> there's a problem worth attempting to address.)
>
> Note - I'm not trying to argue for any particular level of
> security and certainly not for some unachievable fort knox
> everywhere, I'm just asking what's the plan?
>
> S.

Watch out for autoconfig of microphones and cameras.  :-)

I call it bonding.  Some ritual has to be performed before specific
types of devices trust each other.  Like the garage door opener and
the clicker thingie.  Same should be true of the audio system and the
wireless speakers.  The TV and remote use IR.  The routers just route,
but they need to be a bit more picky about who can configure them.

Curtis