In my v6 ops presentation in Beijing, Dave Thaler agreed with you (James).

I'm on the other side of the argument.

tom

From:  james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
Date:  Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:33:26 -0700
To:  Ray Bellis <ray.bel...@nominet.org.uk>
Cc:  "homenet@ietf.org Group" <homenet@ietf.org>
Subject:  Re: [homenet] routing requirements

On Oct 24, 2011, at 1:24 AM, Ray Bellis wrote:

Will those arguing for ND Proxy please stand up and be counted?

I have long complained that certain WPAN physical layers should be
prepared to attach to home networks, either by application layer gateways
on bastion hosts, or by dedicated ND/RD proxy devices, rather than by
demanding that every residential network deploy a standard zero
configuration prefix delegation and routing protocol to interface to these
peculiar WPAN networks.

I know I'm in the minority on this.  I don't think I can point to anyone
who agrees with me.  Still, I should be counted.

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
member of technical staff, core os networking