On 09/24/2012 03:36 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Sep 24, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Jim Gettys <j...@freedesktop.org> wrote:
This was by far the hardest debugging I've had to do in my home network
in normal operation.
In all fairness, the exact same kind of brokenness can happen with rogue RA
messages, and a non-geek will have an equally hard time diagnosing it.

I'm trying to think of whether it's worse with v6: with v6 it at least
shows every address that it's auto-configured rather than the luck
of the draw for dhcp of whether you at any renew time happen to
get the rogue server. Not that normal human beings have ever typed
"ifconfig".

Mike