From: Jim Gettys <j...@freedesktop.org<mailto:j...@freedesktop.org>>
Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:03 AM
To: Brian Carpenter
<brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com<mailto:brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com>>
However, today's devices are overwhelmingly battery-powered, so even
if compute power and memory are not the issues, electricity matters.

Your home router is not battery powered (except for if you run it off a battery
back up system).

This is true, but I believe this thread started as a discussion of the
capabilities of devices that aren't what we currently think of as "The home
router" but still have routing functions, or have other interactions with
Homenet which might be constrained.  When specifying protocols for
interoperability, the most-constrained device determines the capabilities.

Lee

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.