On Sun, 2 Feb 2014, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Juliusz,

You (and others) who speak of a "Homenet Configuration
Protocol" seem to be making an assumption which is far from
clear to me. That assumption is that config parameters in a homenet
will come in some sense top-down from a higher level source of
authority.

No, I don't think that's what's assumed. All the discussions I've heard have been to have configuration sent around the home using a routing protocol, or another protocol that disseminates information around the home in a similar fashion.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se