Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org <mailto:otr...@employees.org>> wrote:

    We need to decide, if we want prefix assignment and distribution
    of other configuration information integrated in a routing protocol.

I think the two should be in the same protocol, because routing and addressing are tightly coupled. Fundamentally, there is no point in configuring an address on a host if the homenet doesn't have reachability to it - because you can't use that address to talk to anyone else in the homenet.

If the routing protocol and the prefix distribution protocol are separate, then they can end up with different ideas on what prefix is on a given link. That will lead to blackholing.
+1

I don't see how you're going to avoid tight coupling and still keep things stable when/if provider links and internal links flap.

IMHO there's got to be some form of fate sharing to avoid every single app having to implement a version of happy eyeballs.

--
Regards,
RayH