On Thu, 19 Feb 2015, Ted Lemon wrote:

This would be a great objection to using 802.11 for host networks, but it's a lousy argument against using 802.11 for transit networks!

Please elaborate.

I don't know. Homenet multicast is an open issue. But I don't think this use case represents a serious problem, because as far as I can tell streaming video is not done using multicast in practice anyway.

What do you mean by "streaming video"?

We have approximately 50 IPv6 multicast TV channels in the test network currently.

My employer has millions of subscribers using IPv4 multicast TV channels currently.

We are not sure this is the best way forward, perhaps we just stop doing multicast to the home network and just do multicast to the nearest PoP or alike.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se