> There is also the really bad case of wifi links without packet loss
> which are stable at 6 Mbit/s... stable but incredible slow.
>
> If you have a combination of two 450 Mbit/s links you can use instead,
> you want to do it...

Absolutely.  Just to clarify -- Henning is referring to the modulation
rate that is dynamically chosen by the MAC, and may vary over time and be
different for two neighbours on the same interface.

See my previous note about dropping ETX in favour of hooking (non-portably)
into the MAC layer in some future version of Babel.  I believe that
Henning is working on something similar for OLSRv2
(draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric).

-- Juliusz