On Thu, 19 Feb 2015, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

Because if we're trying to support marginal performance mesh networks that might change all the time, lose packets, drop multicast packets randomly, etc, then those requirements need to be brought to the discussion.

Basically, Dave Taht and Jim Gettys have been working a lot in these "marginal networks". They have a lot of experience. Personally, I don't see their kind of networks as something Homenet needs to support. I can see us needing to support a few wifi bridging hops, but what they're referring to is a quite different beast.

Mesh networks are not necessarilly 'marginal'. They're about extending range and mobility.

Antonio Querubin
e-mail:  t...@lavanauts.org
xmpp:  antonioqueru...@gmail.com