On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:19 AM, Steven Barth <cy...@openwrt.org> wrote:

>>A sample, correct, homenet enabled openwrt network file would be good
>>to show somewhere. I remain a bit confused about interfaces (which are
>>a hint to the firewall) and ifnames. It sounds like deleting the
>>lan/wan entries entirely is what you want?
>
> Sort of.
> A default network-config-file is not trivial since the config file contains
> the swich config, interface names etc.and this is pretty much different from
> device to device.

I will certainly argue that given the adoption and testing rate of
hnetd so far (roughly 0), that anything you can do to make it easier
on those interested in evaluating the work, would be nice. An example
for some of the more common platforms such as the wzr, tp-link, etc
would be good.

Getting the process down to:

get the firmware
flash the firmware via the web gui

opkg install hnet-full
cd /etc/config; wget somewhere/wndr3800/network
reboot; exit # bang you are now homenet enabled

might do wonders. It certainly would in my case. I have tried 5 times
now, multiple different ways, to get it to just work, over the last 6
months, now on both openwrt and debian. Admittedly in the former case,
with my pre-concieved notions as to how things already work for me on
both exterior and interior gateways.

--
Dave Täht

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks