Handovers between WiFi and self, or anything else are treated in the mobility Working Group (dmm).

Handover is considered solved with protocols like Mobile IP, Fast MIP, Proxy-MIP and more. Nothing stops it from running in a home environment, other than maybe a question of where to place a Home Agent. I dont see anything else particular in a home.

The current thought in the dmm WG is to work on a Distributed Mobility Management scheme, because that HA has certain inconvenients.

Handover - go to dmm.

Alex