> I wanted to know if the scope of this is reasonable and is what the
> working group wants to take on.

I think the scope of this is too wide.  It tries to solve a number of
different problems:

  1. naming within the Homenet;
  2. publishing names of Homenet nodes outside the Homenet;
  3. resolving names outside the Homenet in the presence of multiple providers;
  4. announcing multiple providers' naming spaces when the providers
     provide inconsistent information.

My gut feeling is that if you insist on a single protocol that solves all
four, you'll end up with more complexity than if you solve each problem on
its own.

> If it's not, then I don't actually know how to proceed.

I suggest picking just one problem and solving it.  (1) in the above list
would be the obvious choice.

-- Juliusz