Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com> wrote:
    > Source-specific routing, however, is an incomplete solution.   Having
    > chosen the correct route based on the source address, we still have the
    > problem that one provider connection may be better than another for
    > connecting to a particular destination, and there may be no way to
    > figure that out using the default source address selection algorithm,
    > or even by using a more detailed source address selection algorithm
    > configured by DHCP.   Indeed, this is likely, not unlikely.

My problem with the MPVD solution is that it seems incomplete too.

The example that, in contrast to all other content, is when content is
zero-rated via 3G but not via WIFI. (generalized to any two uplinks)
I don't know the source address selection or source routing can deal with
that problem period.

It seems to me that we are re-inventing SHIM6, trying in vain to pretend we
never heard of that.  And I still don't understand why it was killed.

But, again, I want to adopt the document so that we can argue about this
as part of our charter work.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-