> 1a. Router A exports over HNCP that it supports MPvD. Router B forwards
>     all queries to router A, using a source address in the same prefix
>     as the original request was received from.

> 1b. Router A exports over HNCP that it supports MPvD. Router B uses
>     router A's address (which would need to be routable inside the
>     homenet, obviously) as the DNS server in RAs.

This has the significant advantage of not requiring a DNS proxy on each
Homenet router.  It has the disadvantage of not requiring a DNS proxy on
each Homenet router.

I like it.

(Aside: what's the fallback mode if there's no A in the network?  One
could either advertise all of the ISPs' DNS servers in RAs, or advertise
oneself notwithstanding no support for MPvD.  I guess both should be
allowed.)

(Second aside: what happens when there are multiple As in the network?
One could either elect the "master" DNS server, so that all links use the
same DNS proxy, or let each router pick one at random, so you get load
balancing.  I guess only one should be allowed.)

-- Juliusz