>> neither SIP, nor Skype, nor BitTorrent, nor syncthing, nor anything
>> else that normal people run in their home relies on the DNS for
>> locating remote peers.

> If publishing things into global DNS worked reliably and automatically,
> and we had IPv6 everywhere, such designs would not be needed...

That's arguable, but we can probably agree that Daniel's draft does not
provide a useful service for these applications.  For example, if I'm
using Skype, I want to be globally findable even if I'm at an IETF meeting
in Bangkok -- whereas Daniel's draft only allows me to publish my address
if I'm in my Homenet.

-- Juliusz