On Jun 4, 2019, at 2:26 PM, STARK, BARBARA H <bs7...@att.com> wrote:
> We encourage people wanting to work on homenet code to self-organize for the
> hackathon. I'll be happy to bring some OpenWRT devices to test with (and do
> some testing), if that would be useful. Let me know ...
> If people would like to set a time to have an "unstructured" get-together in
> Montreal, please let us know. There will be spaces available that can be
> reserved. We can figure out a time and sign up for such a space. I'm also
> happy to have a WebEx up and running for anyone who would want to join in
> remotely to such a get-together.

I think these are both great ideas.   It’s been frustrating to me this year
working with homenet, because I am actually working full-time on homenet
technology, but there doesn’t seem to be the kind of interest in the IETF that
would result in standardization.  E.g., some of the work I’ve been doing to get
name service going on homenets in the dnssd working group failed last call
because nobody responded.   Code is written, documents are up to date, but with
no review and no interest, the only alternative is to send this stuff to the
ISE.