"Smit N <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" wrote:

> I'm 19 years old and planning to be a professional hornplayer. Unfortunately there
>is one big obstacle - I have terrebly bad eye sight and find it very difficult to
>sightread music.

        Like several others, I'll suggest going to an opthalmologist,
preferably one at a teaching hospital or medical school, for an
evaluation.

        If you're in the U.S.--and, from your eddress, it appears as
though you are not--I think providing enlarged music for you to
read would constitute "reasonable accomodation" as discussed in
the Americans with Disabilities Act. However, I'm not a lawyer,
and I don't even play one on TV. <g> If your country has a
similar statute, orchestras may be required to give you a blown
up copy of the music at the first rehearsal.

        Good luck.

                                                Howard Sanner
                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]