In a message dated 1/24/2003 5:57:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Assuming that the vision problem can be corrected by glasses, bifocals are
> not
> necessary, and you can save the cost. If the corrected vision focuses on
> the
> music (about 28 inches), the conductor can still be seen clearly enough to
> follow perfectly. Who wants to see the conductor in perfect focus and gory
> detail, anyway? Slightly fuzzy may be preferable...
>
> Herb Foster

Hi Herb,

I tried the single focus lens thing and was able
to see the blurred conductor but I could not see
his eyes clearly enough to tell if he was looking
at me.  I now wear a special bifocal music lens
that focuses on the music AND the conductor.
I can now tell if he is giving me
(rather than the bassoon player) the cue.

Been there, done that and got the bifocals ...........
and the T-shirt.  IMHO, having to see the conductor
clearly is just part of the price one has to pay to
play in an orchestra.  ......... if percussion players
could just keep time to the music we wouldn't need a
conductor !!

Regards,     Jerry in Kansas City