Ok, I work in a music library and we're trying to track down something. A patron is trying to find out what song is sung at the end of the television series "Zweite Heimat". In the scene, the characters start singing a song in imitation of conservatory students, so he believes it is from the classical Lied repertory. We've had various people listen to the tape he provided (which he made from the TV), and we've gone through numerous song indexes. Our folks think it is a folk song. One of our voice faculty (who is fluent in German and spent many years singing in Europe) believes it is a folk song. The first line of text is roughly translated as, "The sun shines so cold, so cold. And flowers fade and life grows old..."
Does anyone remember having seen this series and what that song might be?

Amy (looking for a needle in a haystack)