Bill F is having a problem

>Hello.  I am having a problem with the valves of my new
>Holton 281. They are  stiff when I get the horn out of the
>case to play the valves are stiff and slow.

Jim suggested

  I agree with getting a good horn person to go through the valves ...

I can remember when Bob Osmun was a tall, skinny fellow, and even then, he sometimes
got stuck going through my valves, so I had to push him really hard to get him out.  I
think you will have better results if you try to clean out your valves with an object
which is smaller, more flexible, and less noisy than a good horn person.

Gotta go,
Cabbage