Try diction. Think "tAAH" when you tongue.Don't sit on the "t." Small "t"
and big "AAH"--keep the air thick and going.

Shel
----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Pollack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The Horn List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 7:17 PM
Subject: [Hornlist] You mean it's not ALL me?

> I am one of those horn players that has just returned (about 6 months ago)
to horn playing after a long hiatus (about 14 years).  I read the recent
posts by Hans and Graeme about F vs. B-flat side playing, under the thread
"Horn in C#," which Mr. Nutcracker nominated for the "stupidest thread of
2003" award.

> During my recent playing, I have been dissatisfied with my tonguing,
especially in the mid-low register (from about E on the bottom line of the
staff down).  I was getting frustrated with myself for not being able to
make these attacks crisp.

> Hans's and Graeme's posts relieved me a little by calling the F side
"fuzzier," but I'd like some clarification.  Is it indeed harder to get a
crisp attack in tonguing notes on the F side than on the B-flat side?
Although I will, of course, continue to practice the tonguing on the F side
(I figure I can't improve by practicing the easier tonguing on the B-flat
side), I'd like to know if I am reading their posts correctly.

http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/skirshner%40ameritech.net