Message text written by The Horn List
>Back in the sixties, when the moderately well known comedian and actor
Milt
Kamen would appear on the Tonight Show,<

Dear All

Milt Kamen is not a well known name in Britain;  however, I do recall him
appearing on a late night TV chat show once and he was asked what he did
before he took up comedy.  He replied "I was a symphony musician, I played
French horn"  When asked why he gave this up he replied "you sweat your
guts out in the concert hall every night and then read in the newspaper the
next day that the conductor did a great job!"

Cheers

Paul A. Kampen, 4th horn - Orchestra of Opera North (Leeds UK)