Or how about this: they were all Germanic? (Austria, Saxony, Bavaria & Bohemia respectively)

Nah, that couldn't be it;-P

Leigh (bloody hell, just had the nomex cleaned, guess I'll go put it on again *sigh*)

On Monday, June 28, 2004, at 07:40 AM, Hans Pizka wrote:
Question:
Why didnīt Mozart or Wagner or Strauss or Mahler ask for mouthpiece
popping ?????
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Robert Dickow
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:35 AM
To: The Horn List
Subject: [Hornlist] Mouthpiece popping
About mouthpiece popping...
I have at least two compositions that call for mouthpiece popping while
the horn is still attached to the instrument. The pieces have been played
all over the world (well.... England and the U.S. ;-) and I've never had a
problem. On one occasion, however, a hornist objected that doing this
effect could cause his mouthpiece to get stuck. "No, I don't think so.... only
trumpets have this problem," I assured him. Well, you guessed it. One
'pop' into the piece and his mouthpiece was thoroughly jammed into his
leadpipe.
His tone on the popping effect, however, was superb.
Robert Dickow
Lionel Hampton School of Music
University of Idaho