I'm giving a short valve cleaning class at my university here in two weeks,
and since I'm not sure how big the room/attendence is going to be I was going
to go down to Kinko's and see if I can get a few valve diagrams blown up and
pasted on the wall behind me to point to in order to explain better the
mechanics of the valve and valve action.

I have found a few random diagrams of the rotary valve, and I'm googling
around for more, but I am curious if anyone has any large pictures or diagrams of
the mechanics of the rotary valve including perhaps the bearing plates and the
valve itself, a side and top/bottom view of the valve, and even maybe a large
picture or diagram of stringing the instrument.

I thought about doing these on photoshop but I'd like to see what I could
find on the internet first and through this list. Any help is appreciated!

As to the class: I'm basically going to take my rinsebuckets, etc. and my
ultrasonic cleaner and my tools and take the valves out on my horn, clean them,
and briefly explain how they work and why taking them apart yourself should not
be done until someone has walked you through it a few times. Then after
they're clean and dried, I'll put them back together.

Plus, since not very many in the studio is familiar with ultrasonic cleaning
as opposed to acid baths - or even the steps of valve cleaning in general -
it'll be an interesting thing to do in front of a group.

If anyone has any suggestions for this sort of thing let me know. I'm not
going to do anything extremely fancy here, just take the valves out, clean them
with a few cycles of the cleaner, and briefly discuss some things about the
process.

-William

P.S. - If this goes allright I might later put on a web-diary of the steps
involved so more people can see how it works. Any input, again, is greatly
appreciated.