From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
arsmiley
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:13 PM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] Re: fixed bell and airlines

"Is there any downside to a screw -bell?"

Simply for the convenience of the case I like a cut bell horn.  A friend,
however, noted that every
time he wants to put the horn down for an unattended moment he has to
disassemble the horn to get
it back into the case.  Having once had my assembled horn, with the open
case that it rested upon,
fall from a chair and wrinkle the bell, I learned the hard way that his
concern is valid.

"What about having a fixed bell converted to screw on? Any downside to
that?"

Well there's the cost of the conversion and the cost of the new case.

Russ Smiley
Marlborough, CT

Is there any downside to a screw -bell?  What about having a fixed bell
converted to screw on? Any downside to that?